Ofte Stilte Spørsmål
Svar på de vanligste spørsmålene om assistert befruktning og kvinnehelse på en enkel måte.
The Ovulation Date Calculator that you will find below, will help you to determinate which days of the month you are most fertile.
What is a blastocyst?
A blastocyst is an embryo which has been left to develop until day 5 or 6 and presents a complex cellular structure formed by approximately 200 cells. The blastocyst phase is the development stage prior to implantation of the embryo in the mother’s uterus.
Some women chose to become mothers without having a male partner and turn to assisted reproductive techniques in order to achieve this goal. We see this at our practice as an increasingly common option taken by women.
- What is a polycystic ovary? How does a polycystic ovary affect my fertility?
- Which are the options if I have an altered spermatozoid TUNEL?
- No spermatozoids can be detected in my ejaculate. What can be done? Is it permanent?
- How many follicles are normally produced with In Vitro Fertilisation?
- From what age is In Vitro Fertilization advised against? What about motherhood?
Congelación de embriones. Criotransferencia
- What chances do I have to still have embryos for freezing after an In Vitro Fertilisation treatment?
- How long can my embryos remain frozen?
- What if we finally decide not to use the embryos we had frozen?
- What advantages are there to freezing embryos?
- What are the advantages of oocyte or embryo vitrification?
Congelación de Ovocitos
- How can I estimate my ovulation?
- How long can my eggs remain frozen without damage?
- In order to perform CCS, it is necessary for embryos to reach blastocyst stage. However, embryos may sometimes take longer to reach that stage. In such cases, embryos are cultured an extra day to give them another chance to reach it. If they do, biopsy is
- What are the survival rates after thawing?
- Before eggs freezing do I have to have a check-up? What type?
DGP Y CCS
- Can an embryo become damaged while performing an embryo biopsy?
- Are prenatal and preimplantation diagnosis equally effective for disease transmission prevention?
- Is it possible for me to bear a healthy child if I have a genetic disease?
- No. Fertility is not affected by having undergone an ovarian stimulation cycle for egg vitrification. When they maintain good fertility conditions, ovaries have enough ovarian reserve.
- What are the success rates of PGD cycles?
Donantes semen y óvulos
- Is donation anonymous?
- How are sperm samples or donor eggs selected for given couples?
- How can I become a donor?
- Is there a limit to donations?
- Who can be an oocyte donor?
Eggdonasjon. Donasjon av eggceller
- Are there any risks or side effects in egg donation treatments?
- Is there a waiting list for oocyte donation?
- Can donors know the identity of any children born through their donation?
- Lifestyle after the embryo transfer
- How do you select donors?
- Can the identity of embryo donors be disclosed?
- Do oocyte donation and embryo donation mean the same thing?
- Where do the donated embryos come from?
- The advantages and disadvantages of transferring embryos during a natural or artificial cycle
- Towards a Positive Embryo Transfer
Endokrinologi og ernæring
- I have a thyroid problem: Should I consult with my doctor with a view to a future pregancy? Will I have to change my treatment? Will I be able to breastfeed my baby? Will my baby have any problems?
- Do thyroid problems affect fertility?
- I have diabetes. Should I consult with my doctor before becoming pregnant? Which diabetes tests are required before pregnancy?
- Nutritional Recommendations for Fertility
- Is it advisable to have my thyroid function tested before pregnancy?
- What is SOFT IVF?
- How long do I have to wait before seeing a doctor if I don’t get pregnant?
- What are the main causes of infertility?
- What if I have my period at the time of my first gynaecological fertility appointment?
- Differences between sterility and infertility (primary and secondary)
- Is it true, that after a long time taking oral contraceptives a woman can find it difficult to coenceive?
- Do women who use IUD (Intrauterine contraceptive device) as a contraceptive have more difficulties in getting pregnant?
- Hysteroscopy and Essure
- What types of hormonal contraception exist?
- What are the main contraceptive methods?
In Vitro Fertilisering (FIV)
- Total commitment with our In Vitro Fertilization and Egg donation patients: we share efforts and results
- Embryo transfer: What does it involve? What do I need to keep in mind for it to be successful?
- Will I always be seen by the same gynaecologist in Instituto Bernabeu?
- Choosing a fertilisation technique when oocyte counts are poor. IVF or ICSI?
- How can I help my IVF treatment to work? 10 pieces of advice that may improve your chances
Lesbisk morskap. ROPA
- In cases where pre-embryos are frozen during a ROPA treatment, do the embryos have to be transferred to the same woman in the couple that received them during the first treatment?
- Is it necessary for same-sex female couples to be married to use the ROPA technique?
- What does the ROPA technique involve?
- ROPA method: Shared Maternity
Svangerskap og obstetrikk
- What laboratory tests are required during pregnancy?
- Which tests are completed during the first visit?
- When is the best cycle to become pregnant?
- Difference between identical and fraternal twins
- ¿Qué llevar al Hospital en el momento del parto?