Ofte Stilte Spørsmål
Svar på de vanligste spørsmålene om assistert befruktning og kvinnehelse på en enkel måte.
The Ovulation Date Calculator that you will find below, will help you to determinate which days of the month you are most fertile.
A blastocyst is an embryo which has been left to develop until day 5 or 6 and presents a complex cellular structure formed by approximately 200 cells. The blastocyst phase is the development stage prior to implantation of the embryo in the mother’s uterus.
Some women chose to become mothers without having a male partner and turn to assisted reproductive techniques in order to achieve this goal. We see this at our practice as an increasingly common option taken by women.
- What chances do I have to still have embryos for freezing after an In Vitro Fertilisation treatment?
- How long can my embryos remain frozen?
- What if we finally decide not to use the embryos we had frozen?
- Can the remaining embryos be frozen after an effective treatment?
- What advantages are there to freezing embryos?
- Se mer
- How can I estimate my ovulation?
- How long can my eggs remain frozen without damage?
- In order to perform CCS, it is necessary for embryos to reach blastocyst stage. However, embryos may sometimes take longer to reach that stage. In such cases, embryos are cultured an extra day to give them another chance to reach it. If they do, biopsy is
- What is the right age to freeze eggs with a view to my future?
- The PGD technique, as well as its indications, is regulated in Spain by Law 14/2006 on human assisted reproduction techniques. In application of this law, PGD could not be performed to select a baby's sex in the absence of a sex-related genetic disease, l
- Se mer
- What are the alternatives in order to have a healthy child if I have a genetic disease?
- Are prenatal and preimplantation diagnosis equally effective for disease transmission prevention?
- Is it possible for me to bear a healthy child if I have a genetic disease?
- No. Fertility is not affected by having undergone an ovarian stimulation cycle for egg vitrification. When they maintain good fertility conditions, ovaries have enough ovarian reserve.
- What are the success rates of PGD cycles?
- Se mer
- I have diabetes. Should I consult with my doctor before becoming pregnant? Which diabetes tests are required before pregnancy?
- Do thyroid problems affect fertility?
- I have a thyroid problem: Should I consult with my doctor with a view to a future pregancy? Will I have to change my treatment? Will I be able to breastfeed my baby? Will my baby have any problems?
- I've undergone surgery for obesity. Can I still get pregnant?
- Nutritional Recommendations for Fertility
- Se mer
- What is a blastocyst? What advantages are there to transferring the embryo on day 5?
- Total commitment with our In Vitro Fertilization and Egg donation patients: we share efforts and results
- Will I always be seen by the same gynaecologist in Instituto Bernabeu?
- Embryo transfer: What does it involve? What do I need to keep in mind for it to be successful?
- Is it true, that after a long time taking oral contraceptives a woman can find it difficult to coenceive?
- Do women who use IUD (Intrauterine contraceptive device) as a contraceptive have more difficulties in getting pregnant?
- What types of hormonal contraception exist?
- What are the main contraceptive methods?
- Hysteroscopy and Essure
- Se mer
- What does the ROPA technique involve?
- Is it necessary for same-sex female couples to be married to use the ROPA technique?
- In cases where pre-embryos are frozen during a ROPA treatment, do the embryos have to be transferred to the same woman in the couple that received them during the first treatment?
- What is a polycystic ovary? How does a polycystic ovary affect my fertility?
- No spermatozoids can be detected in my ejaculate. What can be done? Is it permanent?
- Instructions for correct collection of semen samples: abstinence, hygiene, etc.
- Which are the options if I have an altered spermatozoid TUNEL?
- What is Assisted Embryo Hatching (AH) and Embryo Defragmentation?
- Se mer