Frequently Asked Questions
Las respuestas a las dudas más habituales sobre reproducción
asistida y salud ginecológica resueltas con sencillez.
¿Cómo puedo calcular mi ovulación?
La calculadora de fecha de ovulación que encontrará a continuación puede ayudarle a determinar cuáles son los días del mes en que será más fértil.
¿Que es un blastocisto?
Cuando llevamos a cabo un ciclo reproducción asistida tratamos de optimizarlo al máximo. Actualmente la forma más fisiológica de conseguirlo es la realización de un cultivo embrionario prolongado hasta alcanzar la fase de blastocisto.
¿Como ser madre sin pareja masculina?
Ser mayor de edad, gozar de buena salud psicofísica a criterio del equipo médico, y firmar el correspondiente consentimiento informado de la técnica de reproducción asistida que se realice. Ampliar información sobre maternidad en solitario por elección.
- What is a polycystic ovary? How does a polycystic ovary affect my fertility?
- What is Assisted Embryo Hatching (AH) and Embryo Defragmentation?
- Which are the options if I have an altered spermatozoid TUNEL?
- Instructions for correct collection of semen samples: abstinence, hygiene, etc.
- No spermatozoids can be detected in my ejaculate. What can be done? Is it permanent?
Egg and Sperm donor
- Can egg donation affect my fertility or my ovarian response at a later stage
- Do donors receive any kind of monetary compensation?
- Is donation anonymous?
- How are sperm samples or donor eggs selected for given couples?
- Who can be an oocyte donor?
- Can donors know the identity of any children born through their donation?
- Is there a waiting list for oocyte donation?
- Are there any risks or side effects in egg donation treatments?
- Lifestyle after the embryo transfer
- How do you select donors?
- How can I estimate my ovulation?
- What is the right age to freeze eggs with a view to my future?
- Will my fertility levels be affected or reduced if I undergo vitrification and then decide to become a mother by natural means?
- How long can my eggs remain frozen without damage?
- If I decide in the future that I no longer want my frozen eggs, what happens to them?
- Can the identity of embryo donors be disclosed?
- Where do the donated embryos come from?
- Do oocyte donation and embryo donation mean the same thing?
- The advantages and disadvantages of transferring embryos during a natural or artificial cycle
- Towards a Positive Embryo Transfer
Embryo freezing. Cryotransfer
- What if we finally decide not to use the embryos we had frozen?
- How long can my embryos remain frozen?
- What chances do I have to still have embryos for freezing after an In Vitro Fertilisation treatment?
- What are the advantages of oocyte or embryo vitrification?
- What advantages are there to freezing embryos?
Endocrinology and nutrition
- Nutritional Recommendations for Fertility
- I’ve undergone surgery for obesity. Can I still get pregnant?
- I have a thyroid problem: Should I consult with my doctor with a view to a future pregancy? Will I have to change my treatment? Will I be able to breastfeed my baby? Will my baby have any problems?
- Do thyroid problems affect fertility?
- I have diabetes. Should I consult with my doctor before becoming pregnant? Which diabetes tests are required before pregnancy?
- What is SOFT IVF?
- How long do I have to wait before seeing a doctor if I don’t get pregnant?
- What are the main causes of infertility?
- What if I have my period at the time of my first gynaecological fertility appointment?
- Differences between sterility and infertility (primary and secondary)
- Hysteroscopy and Essure
- What are the main contraceptive methods?
- What types of hormonal contraception exist?
- Do women who use IUD (Intrauterine contraceptive device) as a contraceptive have more difficulties in getting pregnant?
- Is it true, that after a long time taking oral contraceptives a woman can find it difficult to coenceive?
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- What is a blastocyst? What advantages are there to transferring the embryo on day 5?
- Total commitment with our In Vitro Fertilization and Egg donation patients: we share efforts and results
- Embryo transfer: What does it involve? What do I need to keep in mind for it to be successful?
- Will I always be seen by the same gynaecologist in Instituto Bernabeu?
- Choosing a fertilisation technique when oocyte counts are poor. IVF or ICSI?
Lesbian motherhood. ROPA
- In cases where pre-embryos are frozen during a ROPA treatment, do the embryos have to be transferred to the same woman in the couple that received them during the first treatment?
- Is it necessary for same-sex female couples to be married to use the ROPA technique?
- What does the ROPA technique involve?
- ROPA method: Shared Maternity
PGD & CCS
- Are prenatal and preimplantation diagnosis equally effective for disease transmission prevention?
- Can an embryo become damaged while performing an embryo biopsy?
- What are the success rates of PGD cycles?
- If none of my family members are affected (de novo), can I undergo PGD?
- Is it possible for me to bear a healthy child if I have a genetic disease?
Pregnancy and Obstetrics
- What is anembryonic pregnancy?
- ¿Qué es la preeclampsia?, ¿podemos detectarla de manera precoz?
- ¿Qué llevar al Hospital en el momento del parto?
- ¿Qué comer para que tu hijo nazca sano?
- Which tests are completed during the first visit?
Urology and Andrology
- When can sexual activity be resumed after a vasectomy?
- Do biopsy or testicular puncture have any side effects?
- What is the difference between TESA and MESA?
- How long do I have to wait to become pregnant after a vaso-vasostomy?
- Does vaso-vasostomy affect erections or sexual activity?