The leading global institution in reproductive medicine specializing in individual solutions
Since its foundation in the early 1980s, we have maintained our vocation and commitment to offer our patients comprehensive care, providing the highest level of assistance. This commitment is reflected in external audits and in the fact that we have been awarded the
following main certificates: ISO 9001, ISO 14001, SEP (Excellence in Private Health), EFQM(European Foundation for Quality Management), EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management), QH Quality HealthCare and UNE 179007 for reproduction laboratories, among others.
COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
TEACHING AND UNIVERSITY
Our primary objective has been and continues to be to achieve the best results and to promote the advancement of medical science. For this reason, together with our healthcare activity, we carry out research and teaching work, activities that mutually enrich each other, and which are materialized in our
Chair in Reproductive Medicine together with the University of Alicante and the
Chair of Community Medicine and Reproductive Health at the Miguel Hernández University of Elche.
Because of this serious commitment, we would like to point out, among others, the following:
First IVF pregnancy in the Valencian Community, 1987.
First and only case of pregnancy achieved with spermatids in Spain.
The world’s first birth, in the summer of 2004, of a girl free of hereditary blindness (retinoschisis).
The world’s first birth, in February 2006, of a child free of Marfan Syndrome, applying MDA.
Description in 2016 of the genes involved in ovarian reserve.
To date, more than 400 scientific research projects have been carried out at our Institute as a result of the search for individualized treatments for our patients.
INSTITUTO BERNABEU WE ARE THE PEOPLE
Under exclusively medical management – we do not belong to investment groups – more than 200 gynecologists, urologists, geneticists and biologists, together with the healthcare and management staff, are guided by firm ethical principles aimed at the medical and emotional care of our patients.
8 national clinics + 1 international clinic
On both, our clinic in Venice (Italy), and the seven IB care centres in Spainn; in Alicante, Madrid-Ayala, Madrid-Velázquez, Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena, Albacete, Elche and Benidorm have excellent facilities where wellbeing and comfort are combined with state-of-the-art technology.
Thousands of patients of more than 137 different nationalities, through our department of integral international assistance, have decided to carry out their personal project of having a child and have placed their trust in Instituto Bernabeu:
Treatment plans tailored to the needs of each patient
Quality controls in all processes
Comprehensive medical and emotional patient care
Unwavering medical principles
RSC: FOUNDATION RAFAEL BERNABEU
The Rafael Bernabeu Charitable Foundation, Foundation, part of the Instituto Bernabeu group, also carries out extensive social work, facilitating access to assisted reproduction techniques for couples without financial resources, as well as research grants for the training of young scientists in Reproductive Medicine, among other social actions.
These characteristics, together with the professionalism and experience of our doctors, make the Instituto Bernabeu one of the most prestigious centres in this field.
The most important scientific societies have highlighted many of our advances and contributions to the advancement of Reproductive Medicine, including the following awards:
- FRM (American Foundation for Reproductive Medicine) Award for Young Investigator Award 2017.
- 2nd Award from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). 2012
- BFS (British Fertility Society) Award Best Young Clinician: “Vitamin D levels in oocyte donors are not predictive of reproductive success in egg donation treatments“. 2014
- IVF Agency of the year 2016 Awards from the IVF European clinic.
- National Award from the Spanish Fertility Society (SEF). 2010
- National Award from the Spanish Fertility Society (SEF). 2000
- National Award SEGO (Spanish Society for Gynaecology and Obstetricts) to the best work “ultrasound scans in gynaecology”. 2011
- ASEBIR (Asociación para el Estudio de la Biología de la Reproducción) Award for basic research: “Genotyping of the SNP R72P of the p53 Gene in patients with implantation failure and repeated miscarriages and its effect on the results of IVF cycles”. 2013
- ASEBIR (Association for the study of Reproduction Biology) Award for basic research: “Hibridación genómica comparada en célula única (SC CGH): Nueva herramienta para el screening genético preimplantacional”. 2009
- EMB-ASEBIR 2021 Award (Association for the Study of Reproduction Biology) to the study «The reliability of non-invasive preimplantation genetic diagnosis (niPGT-A) does not depend on the genetic analysis technique. 2021
- First Award of the Spanish Andrology Association (ASESA) to the best original research work: “Study of structural damage after sperm immobilization prior to intracytoplasmic sperm microinjection in teratozoospermic patients”. 2015
- ICIRA Awards (Merk Serono), in the category contribution of relevant data in the treatment of assisted reproduction. 2011
Instituto Bernabeu has its own genetics laboratories, not only to meet the demand for care, but also for research into new therapies and advanced diagnostics. As a result of this work we have designed specific genetic tests, for example: