BFS. 2016 Annual Meeting: Research work presented by Instituto Bernabeu and IB Biotech teams.
The British Fertility Society's Annual Meeting will take place in Sage Gateshead, Newcastle (UK) today and tomorrow (7th and 8th January). This edition's theme is 'Gamete Formation, Preservation and Donation.'
The event will include active participation by the Instituto Bernabeu team which will present a total of eight pieces of research work and IB BIOTECH, the Instituto Bernabeu biotechnology and genetics company, which will present a total of three.
The research work presented by IB is varied and includes three studies on embryo cryopreservation techniques (1 and 2) and oocyte vitrification (5); research on ovarian stimulation methods (4), the presentation of data obtained from 2 years' experience validating our CCS programme (3) and an oral communication on genetic variants in patients with implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss (6) which will be presented tomorrow in the congress itself by Dr Joaquín Llácer.
Two pieces of research work (7 and 8) managed by the Instituto Bernabeu Endometriosis Unit are also included. These develop different methods to treat uterine disorders with the aim of improving embryo implantation success rates.
- Embryo vitrification model: optimizing the equilibration time. Poster. J. Llácer, A. Rodríguez-Arnedo, J. Ten, MC Tió, J. Guerrero, R. Bernabeu.
- Does blastocyst biopsy affect implantation potential of frozen-thawed chromosomally normal embryos?. Poster. J. Llácer, MC. Tió, J. Ten, A. Rodríguez-Arnedo, J. Guerrero, R. Bernabeu.
- Validation of our Comprehensive Chromosome Screening (CCS) program: two years experience. Poster. R. Bernabeu, J. Ten, A. Rodríguez-Arnedo, B. Lledó, JA. Ortiz, J. Guerrero, J. Llácer.
- Ovarian induction in egg donors: Corifollitropin alfa versus urinary FSH. Poster. J. Guerrero, J. Ten, A. Rodriguez-Arnedo, J. Llacer, R. Bernabeu.
- Outcome of oocyte vitrification using open vs. closed devices. Poster. J. Guerrero, J. Ten, A. Rodriguez-Arnedo, J. Llacer, R. Bernabeu.
- Association of Apolipoprotein E4 polymorphism with recurrent pregnancy loss (RPL) and implantation failure (RIF). Oral Presentation. B. Lledo, J. Sanz , JA. Ortiz, R. Morales, J. Llacer, R. Bernabeu.
- New classification of adenomyosis. Poster. B. Moliner, J. Llácer, F. Sellers, A. Bernabeu, P. Baviera, R. Bernabeu.
- Transvaginal ultrasonography accelerated video recording is a reliable method for the assessment of uterine peristalsis before embryo transfer. Poster. B. Moliner, J. Llácer, F. Sellers, L. Luque, R. Bernabeu.
For its part, the Instituto Bernabeu Biotech team has presented 3 pieces of research work which aim to validate chromosomal studies using CCS with a view to improving implantation rates (9 and 10) as well as a study on genetic variants which have an impact on low ovarian reserve (11).
- Comprehensive Chromosome Screening (CCS) in embryos from egg donation cycles reveals that chromosomal polymorphic variants increase the aneuploidy rate. Poster. R. Morales, B. Lledo B, JA. Ortiz, R. Bernabeu, J. Llácer, R. Bernabeu.
- The type of chromosomal alteration that is detected in aneuploid embryos is related to maternal age. Poster. JA. Ortiz, B. Lledo, R. Morales, I. Ochando, J. Llácer and R. Bernabeu.
- Relevance of single nucleotide polymorphism on POLG and EXO1 in patients with low ovarian reserve. Poster. J. Llácer, JA. Ortiz, N. Carrión, B. Lledó, R. Morales and R. Bernabeu.
Refer to the webpage for the full 2016 BFS Annual Meeting 2016 programme.
RESULT STATISTICSSee more
Our pregnancy results are accredited by external certifiers.
96% OF OUR PATIENTS RECOMMEND US