Since the establishment of our clinic in the mid-eighties we have remained committed to our goal of offering our patients comprehensive care while guaranteeing the best possible results. This commitment has been recognized with the achievement of main awards for quality management: ISO 9001, SEP (Excellence in Private Health) and EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management), among others.
Our main goal has always been to achieve the best results and to support progress in medical science. Therefore, we combine medical care with scientific research and teaching fellowships, activities that enrich each other, and have been materialized in our Chair in Reproductive Medicine at the Universidad de Alicante and the Chair of Community Medicine and Reproductive Health at the Miguel Hernández Universidad de Elche.
This serious commitment has borne fruit, the most important ones being:
- In 1987 the first IVF pregnancy in the Valencian Community (Spain)
- The first and only pregnancies obtained using spermatids in Spain.
- In 2004 the first baby in the world to be born free from retinoschisis (hereditary blindness)
- In 2006 the first baby in the world to be born free from Marfan Sydrome, thanks to the MDA technique.
Discovery in 2016 of genes involved in ovarian reserve.
To date Instituto Bernabeu has carried out over a hundred scientific research projects, as a result of designing individualized treatments for our patients.
Moreover, the Charitable Rafael Bernabeu Foundation, part of the Instituto Bernabeu group, develops a wide range of community-based activities which enable the use of assisted reproduction techniques for couples with limited financial resources, as well as research grants for young scientists in the field of reproductive medicine.
Our six IB Clinics in Spain; in Alicante, Madrid, Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena, Albacete, Elche and Benidorm have excellent facilities where a warm and welcoming atmosphere works in harmony with pioneering technology.
Thousands of patients from over 67 different countries,through our comprehensive international patient care department,have entrusted Instituto Bernabeu with their dream of becoming parents due to our:
- Unwavering medical principles.
- Cutting-edge technology.
- Research programmes.
- Treatment plans tailored to the needs of each patient.
- Comprehensive medical and emotional patient care.
- Quality controls in all processes.
These characteristics and the experience and know-how of our medical team make Instituto Bernabeu one of the most prestigious centres in this field.
The most prominent scientific societies have highlighted many of our advancements and achievements in Reproductive Medicine, specifically the following awards:
- FRM (American Foundation for Reproductive Medicine) Award for Young Investigator Award 2017.
- 2nd Award from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM). 2012
- BFS (British Fertility Society) Award Best Young Clinician: “Vitamin D levels in oocyte donors are not predictive of reproductive success in egg donation treatments“. 2014
- IVF Agency of the year 2016 Awards from the IVF European agency.
- National Award from the Spanish Fertility Society (SEF). 2010
- National Award from the Spanish Fertility Society (SEF). 2000
- National Award SEGO (Spanish Society for Gynaecology and Obstetricts) to the best work “ultrasound scans in gynaecology". 2011
- ASEBIR (Asociación para el Estudio de la Biología de la Reproducción) Award for basic research: “Genotyping of the SNP R72P of the p53 Gene in patients with implantation failure and repeated miscarriages and its effect on the results of IVF cycles”. 2013
- ASEBIR (Association for the study of Reproduction Biology) Award for basic research: "Hibridación genómica comparada en célula única (SC CGH): Nueva herramienta para el screening genético preimplantacional”. 2009
- First Award of the Spanish Andrology Association (ASESA) to the best original research work: “Study of structural damage after sperm immobilization prior to intracytoplasmic sperm microinjection in teratozoospermic patients”. 2015
- ICIRA Awards (Merk Serono), in the category contribution of relevant data in the treatment of assisted reproduction. 2011