Done anonymously, voluntarily and altruistically, sperm donation helps other couples to become parents
Do you need help?
We can help you with a no-obligation
Your solidarity will help couples with infertility problems not to see their dream of becoming parents broken. If you are looking for guarantees, you will receive the best service and have the best facilities at your disposal at Instituto Bernabéu. You will be receive financial compensation, in accordance with the legislation in force in Spain.
Under Spanish law on sperm donation:
- Being between 18 and 32 years of age.
- Being in good physical and mental health.
- Having good sperm quality, according to WHO criteria.
- Not suffering from any genetic or sexually-transmitted disease.
After contacting us by sending an email with your contact information or calling (+34) 965 50 40 00 so that we advise you, we will schedule an appointment where, so as to ensure a quality donation and abide by the requirements of Spanish law, we will:
- Do a personal interview and have you fill out a questionnaire about diseases, family history and personal habits.
- Perform an assessment of your phenotypic characteristics.
- Perform a sperm quality assessment (this requires a period of 3 to 5 days of sexual abstinence).
- Perform a sperm freezing test (the donor’s sperm is frozen at a temperature of -196ºC/-320ºF to check if the sperm sample survives this process).
- Carry out a psychological assessment.
- Perform a blood test for the purposes of genetic and infectious disease testing (AIDS, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C and syphilis).
- Analyse a urine sample for the purposes of testing other sexually-transmitted diseases.
The donor visits our clinic once a week to do the donation. Samples are collected inside a sterilised plastic container by masturbation. A sexual abstinence of 3 to 5 days is necessary for every donation.