Instituto Bernabeu will be present with 14 research projects at the 11th Association for the Study of Reproductive Biology (ASEBIR) Congress in Toledo.
Instituto Bernabeu once again demonstrates the importance of R+D+I for the Institution. Although the past 2020 was marked by the pandemic, the clinic didn’t cease its research and, with renewed energy, presented a total of 14 scientific papers at the 11th Congress of the Association for the Study of Reproductive Biology (ASEBIR). This is always an event Instituto Bernabeu scientists can’t miss. In 2021, the meeting will take place from the 17th to the 19th of November in Toledo.
Three of Instituto Bernabeu’s research projects carried out in the genetics laboratory will be the subject of oral presentations by our experts. They are:
- Factors increasing the risk of biochemical miscarriage after euploid embryo transfer in PGT-A cycles. JA. Ortiz, R. Morales, B. Lledó, A. Rodríguez-Arnedo, A. Bernabeu, J. Ll. Aparicio, R. Bernabeu. Oral presentation.
- Relationship between the DLR-DERIVATIVE LOG RATIO in PGT-A NGS results and the diagnosis of chromosomal mosaicism in trophectoderm biopsies. R. Morales, B. Lledó, JA. Ortiz, A. Cascales, J. Ten, A. Bernabeu, J. Ll. Aparicio, R. Bernabeu. Oral presentation.
- The reliability of the non-invasive preimplantation genetic diagnosis (niPGT-A) does not depend on the genetic analysis technique. B. Lledó, R. Morales, JA. Ortiz, A. Rodríguez, J. Ten, JC. Castillo, A. Bernabeu, J. Ll. Aparicio, R. Bernabeu. Oral presentation.
A further eleven papers are poster presentations.
Four of them have been developed in the IBbiotech genetics laboratory:
- AIRE a new candidate gene associated with embryonic development B. Lledó, R. Morales, JA. Ortiz, F. Lozano, J. Guerrero, N. Ruiz, L. Luque, J. Ten, J. Ll Aparicio, R. Bernabeu
- Utility of PGT for the diagnosis of cryptic subtelomeric translocations in patients with recurrent abortion. B. Lledó, R. Morales, JA. Ortiz, A. Cascales, A. Fabregat, J. Ten, B. Moliner, A. Fuentes, A Bernabeu, R. Bernabeu
- New genetic panel for male factor studies EM. García-Hernández, B. Lledó, R. Morales, JA. Ortiz, A. Turienzo, F. Lozano, A. Fabregat, R. Bernabeu
- Clinical outcomes of mosaic embryos independent of maternal age A. Cascales, B. Lledó, R. Morales, JA. Ortiz, J. Guerrero, J Ll. Aparicio, R. Bernabeu
Instituto Bernabeu’s embryology department and IVF laboratory have produced seven other research studies which will be presented as posters at the XI ASEBIR Congress:
- Are there morphokinetic differences between fresh and vitrified oocytes in own oocyte accumulation cycles? Preliminary results L. Herrero, L. Cascales, M. Aparicio, C. Tempio, M. Dorado, J. Ten, J. Ll. Aparicio, R. Bernabeu
- Are laboratory results between vitrified and fresh oocytes in own combined cycles at advanced ages comparable? L. Cascales, L. Herrero, M. Aparicio, A. Herencia, EM. De la Torre, J. Ll. Aparicio, J. Ten, R Bernabeu
- Clinical impact of culture time after embryo devitrification Á. Linares, N. Ruiz, J. Bartolomé, JA Ortiz, J. Ten, L. Luque, R. Bernabeu
- Expansion degree in embryo vitrification and its implication for clinical outcomes N. Ruiz, Á. Linares, J. Bartolomé, JA. Ortiz, J. Ten, L. Luque, R. Bernabeu
- Vitrified embryos storage time clinical implication Á. Linares, N. Ruiz, J. Bartolomé, JA. Ortiz, J. Ten, L. Luque, R. Bernabeu
- Influence of group embryo culture versus individual embryo culture on the quality and rate of blastocyst formation: Pilot study M. Herreros, L. Martí, N. Díaz, MC Tió, A. Rodríguez-Arnedo, J. Guerrero, J. Ortiz, J. Ten, R. Bernabeu
- Are there morphokinetic differences between euploid and aneuploid embryos in the same patient? L. Martí, J. Ten, JA Ortiz, MC Tió, A. Rodríguez-Arnedo, A. Bernabeu, J. Ll. Aparicio, R. Bernabeu