Dr Joaquín Llácer
Born in Enguera (Valencia, Spain) on 10th July, 1965. Currently Medical Codirector of the Reproductive Medicine Department at Instituto Bernabeu.
He graduated from the University of Valencia’s School of Medicine, 1989.
Medical Speciality Training in Obstetrics and Gynaecology in La Fe Hospital in Valencia between 1991 and 1994.
Specialist in Obstetrics and Gynaecology since 1995.
PhD in Medicine from the Miguel Hernandez University in Elche, 2016
Practicing Gynaecologist at Instituto Bernabeu since January 1995.
Medical Director of Instituto Bernabeu in Elche, Spain, between 2002 and 2011.
Since its establishment in 2004, a member of the School of Medicine Professorship of Reproductive Medicine at Miguel Hernández University, Elche (Spain) and based in Instituto Bernabeu.
Professor in the University of Alicante’s Master’s Degree in Reproductive Medicine.
Author of numerous articles for prestigious national and international journals in the field of Reproductive Medicine.
Author of over 200 scientific communications for national and international conferences.
Awarded a prize for research work by the Spanish Fertility Society in 2010.
Awarded 2nd prize by the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) for the best poster in the San Diego Annual Meeting, October 2012.
Awarded 1st prize for best scientific paper presented in the British Fertility Society Annual Meeting, January 2014.
Awarded the national Garsi prize for best paper presented in the ‘Tokoginecologia Practica’ journal in 1991
Awarded the Fernando Bonilla Martí prize for the best paper presented in the Autonomous Community of Valencia’s Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (SOGCV) conference in 1994
Reviewer of national and international academic journals on sterility. Of particular relevance are those for the "Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics" (JARG), "Human Reproduction" and "Reproductive BioMedicine Online" (RBMO).
Member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
Member of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embriology
Member of the Spanish Fertility Society (SEF)
Member of the Spanish Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (SEGO)
Member of the Autonomous Community of Valencia’s Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (SOGCV)
Frequent speaker at academic events dealing with the speciality.
Participation as an investigator in numerous clinical trials on the introduction of new gonadotropins.
Member of the Advisory Board at Ferring Farmaceuticals (Spain)
Member of the Advisory Board at Merk Sharp and Dome (Spain)
Qualification of “Cum Laude” and Special Doctorate Prize awarded by the Miguel Hernandez University in Elche, 2017
Lecturer on the Master’s Degree programme in Human Reproduction at the Complutense University in Madrid.
In terms of practical experience in the field of reproductive medicine since 1995, the following are of particular relevance:
- Member of the team which, in 1998, achieved the first pregnancy in Spain (and one of the first in the world) through the use of intra-ovarian spermatid injection.
- Member of the team which, in 2004, achieved the first birth in the world of a baby free of retinoschisis (hereditary blindness) through the use of preimplantation genetic diagnosis techniques.
- Member of the team which, in 2006, achieved the birth of the first baby free of Marfan Syndrome further to the use of MDA in the preimplantation genetic diagnosis process.
- Director of Instituto Bernabeu’s department for Low Ovarian Response since 2011.
- Current main areas of research include:
- Ovarian Stimulation in Women with Low Ovarian Response
- Genetic Variations in Low Response Patients
- Genetic Polymorphisms and Ovarian Response