It has been almost 30 years since the first pregnancy from cryopreserved embryos was achieved (Trounson and Mohr, 1983). Ever since then, numbers have been steadily growing at biobanks in assisted reproduction centres, mainly due to the optimisation of reproductive treatments. Our goal is to retrieve a satisfactory amount of good quality embryos (one that is enough for a fresh transfer and also for cryopreservation) by means of an ovarian stimulation cycle. These embryos may be used for future pregnancy attempts, although couples can choose to donate them for reproductive purposes, assign them to specific research projects or dispose of them. Yet, general evidence shows that many couples, mainly those that achieve pregnancy in their first fresh attempt, choose to keep them frozen without a specific end or plan in mind for the future. […]
- Cryopreservation of the ovarian cortex. What is it? Is it better than freezing ova?
- Why hasn’t my assisted reproduction treatment worked?
- Absent uterus or Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome: what can I do?
- Poor ovarian reserve; which means of diagnosis is the most reliable?
- A specially adapted diet for endometriosis
- Artificial insemination (78)
- Assisted reproduction (144)
- Egg donation (38)
- Endocrinology and nutrition (16)
- Fertility (205)
- Genetics (96)
- Gynaecology (155)
- Implantation failure and recurrent miscarriage (40)
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF) (149)
- News (250)
- Poor Ovarian Response Unit (40)
- Pregnancy (141)
- Reproductive biology (116)
- Sterility (55)
- Uncategorized (48)
- Urology (36)
- Women’s health (170)
The leading European institution of Reproductive Medicine specialised in finding individual solutions
The information that we can offer online does not replace the direct professional opinion of the doctor after a comprehensive assessment of your personal case and medical history. Therefore, we encourage your to request an appointment with our medical team either in person or through an online video conference if you are unable to travel to one of our clinics in Alicante, Madrid, Palma de Mallorca, Cartagena, Albacete, Elche or Benidorm.