How to donate sperm
Donors are usually young healthy males who choose help others selflessly and come to our centre to contribute periodically with their semen samples that will subsequently result in positive reproduction treatments:
- Heterosexual couples who lack spermatozoids in the ejaculate, testicles or epididymo.
- Possibility of passing on contagious illnesses or genetic disorders through partner’s semen.
- Documented inmune system illnesses.
- Single women or same-sex couples.
Requirements to be a sperm donor
- Men aged between 18-35.
- Psychophysically healthy.
- Not to be a carrier of a genetic illness record (diabetes or epilepsy) as they can be passed on to descendants.
- Negative results concerning sexually transmitted illnesses: HIV/AIDS, hepatitis B and C, syphilis.
- Normal karyotype. (Chromosomal studies).
- To have semen with an approximate quality of 4.5 times of the normal level that can survive the freezing and defrosting process.